Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs

2006 durango wont shift out of 4 wheel low : approx 158000

Customer Question

2006 durango wont shift out of 4 wheel low
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is this the first time you're dealing with this issue?
Customer: approx 158000 there has been at other times it would do this but it would eventually shift back to AWD
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just tried turnong the knob on the dash. yes i woulld like to fix it myself.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: thats it i guess
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In most cases when there is a problem with the 4X4 system the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to know what is failing you are going to need to start with having the system scanned to see what the C fault code and or codes are that should be setting. If you can get this done and post back with the result I will see if I can help you with this.