Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  MO Safety/Emissions Certified on all makes and models with a strong electronics background aiding in electrical troubleshooting.
66997337

No start! Consol says (no bus). Turn key to crank completely

Customer Question

No start! Consol says (no bus). Turn key to crank completely dead no lights or anything battery is new same scenario .... Dealer has had car 7 days an can't get car to start either tech has taken apart entire dash an wiring harness ??????
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

If the dealer cant figure it out then you need to find another dealer.. they have the right tools.. obviously this one doesnt have a tech with the ability to use them.

The no bus message means something is not communicating with the PCM.. in this case since it wont even crank I assume its probably the cluster. Unfortunately thats just a guess and thats all I can give you.. you dont have the tools to check anything I would need checked to get you a guaranteed answer and the dealer isnt going to take advice or relay information back and forth but if you can get them to take instructions I could set up a phone call between me and the dealer tech where I could walk him through testing and try to get you an answer. Thats about the best I can offer.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I found that the 2009 challenger had similar concern and fix was replacing 10 amp fuse in trunk ... Resetting PCM they start car works after?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The dealer thought it was the ignition modulae at first but no say it's the battery with a bad cell? That was two days ago amd now my dash is totally apart ???
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can't believe dodge factory doesn't have a fix or direction for this issue
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Maybe the tech should have replaced fuse first I might be driving again

Its not that dodge doesnt have a fix its that it hasnt yet been diagnosed to provide a fix.

Checking fuses is a no brainer on ANY computer related issue. The first things the tech should have done is check the computer for codes and check EVERY fuse in the car.