Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

ABS Module and connecter fried. it is a 2004 4x4 half ton :

Customer Question

ABS Module and connecter fried. it is a 2004 4x4 half ton
JA: Have you checked the fluids? Have the brakes been shaking or squeaking?
Customer: no. dodge dealer advised me but even tho only 2004 they do not manufacture part anymore and they do not want to mess with it
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Abs light and brake light on. other than that runs fine. they used computer for their diagnosis
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no. need to find part but mechanic says after market parts sometimes do not work out good due to different computer codes
JA: OK! The Dodge Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: Over the years new computer, new drive train, new transmission
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

For Dodge ABS control modules no longer manufactured, I use to send them out for repair. I have yet to have one that they could not repair and their prices run from $90 to $150 depending upon which unit yours has and what has to be done.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.