Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

Looking and/or expected sensor input values - 325 ABS EBCU.

Customer Question

Looking for schematic and/or expected sensor input values for Kelsey-Hayes 325 ABS EBCU. Application is a 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel pickup with*****and 4 wheel ABS (disc in front, drum in rear). The Part identification numbers on the EBCU are P52009701AG / TBXBK0829A2826 / CGEOB7A (not sure if 4th character is a zero or the letter O) l already have a connection diagram for the EBCU, but that doesn't help me determine what the expected sensor values are - a schematic and / or table of minimum / maximum / expected sensor values (resistance, signal strength/amplitude, signal frequency, voltage or other measurable values) I realize that the inputs from the wheel sensors and rear axle sensor will be proportional to vehicle speed, but while I'm seeing very similar signal strength (amplitude) and frequency from the two front wheel sensors on an oscilloscope during a test drive, the amplitude of the rear axle speed sensor is much lower than the front sensors. I am using 5 volts for the vertical scale for the front sensors but have to go down to a 1 volt scale for the rear sensor - which is surprising and might be below the KH325 input signal threshhold. I'd also like to verify the sensor inputs associated with the brake sense input (contact closure, analog signal, or CAN bus data expected?) and the White/Orange wire that is listed BOTH for the vehicle speed sensor AND the primary brake pressure switch. The schematic and/or sensor value input table would help me determine if the values I measure at the EBCU are in the expected / acceptable range.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 4 months ago.

Hi , my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today