Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

2006 Ram 2500 ST Diesel Intermittent blower motor failure

Customer Question

JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: 196000 +/- 5.9
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 1. On startup the blower may or may not work. It will generally start blowing within about 5 minutes. 2. Long trips more extended failure. Fan stops. Must turn off switch for 5-10 minutes, then it works 15 min or 30 min or a couple of hours.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Maybe, but not necessarily
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: I replaced the blower motor resistor myself - did not help. BTW- did I mention it's the notorious 2006?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Jerry replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

That could be in the resistor, blower motor or the totally integrated power module, (TIPM) and a test would have to be done on it, when the blower stops working.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the test instructions with diagram in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,