cwalkerjr21, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and experience.

I have a 2010 Dodge Caravan with air Conditioning. The

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Dodge Caravan with air Conditioning. The heater/air fan is located under the glove compartment. When I turn the fan on via button on dash I get a "thumping' type noise under the glove compartment (flap hitting something) which continues for about 20 second then quits. Air flow is normal. This occurs every time I turn it on.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  cwalkerjr21 replied 4 months ago.

I believe something has gotten down into the hvac system so when you turn on the blower motor it is hitting the item than pushing it away until you turn it off. It is possible a small mouse has gotten his way up in there causing the concern. The other possibility is the blower motor bearing is getting worn out causing it to be out of balance until it gets up to operating speed. We will need to open up the hvac case and have a look.

I have loaded the steps on removal of the HVAC box. I really have seen a mouse cause this condition a few times. They squeeze there way in there and sometimes chew threw the system.