Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

2006 Dodge Cummins. Truck starts runs about 3 or 4 seconds

Customer Question

2006 Dodge Cummins. Truck starts runs about 3 or 4 seconds and dies. Red light in bottom right corner blinking. 2 weeks ago I had it at the dealership for lock cylinder tumblers were worn. They replaced all the tumblers in the ignition lock cylinder. After reading about the WCM and key wondering if this is connected because that sounds like the problem
JA: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?
Customer: 240,000 batteries are less than a year
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No, but trying to figure is it a diesel problem or an electrical or what? Different mechanics for different jobs
JA: OK! The Dodge Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: Never seen this light before. Truck has had bad diesel on more than one occasion.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 4 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Can you post the last 8 digits of the VIN so that I can do some research on this concern for you?