Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have a 2005 Dodge Sprinter 3500. Will not accelerate out

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Dodge Sprinter 3500. Will not accelerate out of first gear. One of the workers tried to "play" with the fuse box to get the back light to work. Now all the dash lights are on:
ABS, etc. Could you help?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 8 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

The best thing to do at this point is to scan for the "Diagnostic Trouble Codes" (DTC's) from the onboard computers. The DTC's are used as the Starting Point for diagnosis. They let you know which system(s) the fault is in. This information is of great value for correct diagnosis. As a Technician, my first course of action is normally to scan for the DTC's. If you can obtain these codes, we can more accurately and efficiently diagnose the problem. If you post these Diagnostic Trouble Codes here, I can obtain the most accurate information to help you diagnose the Concern, and then point you towards the correct repair.

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We are not able to get that until Thursday. We will busy on s show until then. Is this ok with you?
Expert:  Robert R replied 8 months ago.

That is fine. Just post a reply when you are ready to continue and we can go from there....

I also need to let you know that my responses may be delayed because I may be helping another customer, or I may be temporarily offline. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Thank you...

Robert