Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified

Why here. I have a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7 engine and a fuel

Customer Question

Why good morning. Mike here. I have a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7 engine and a fuel problem. I want to check the fuse to the electric fuel pump ( or the s it a relay?). I'm looking at all the numbered fuses in the fuse box, but don't know which to check. Any ideas?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 200,000. Replacing the fuel pump has become an annual event for the last three years. I replaced it with OEM last year. The truck starts on a shot of ether. I can't hear the fuel pump fire up when I turn the key. I suspect a dirty fuel tank might be the culprit, but I thought I would check the fuse to the pump first. It has a full tank of fuel, and I wanted to check the obvious first before needing to remove the bed or dropping the tank yet again.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I'm confident that I can.
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mike S. replied 4 months ago.

There are actually 2 fuses and a fuel pump relay. Here is the wiring diagram showing the fuel pump relay and fuses on the 2nd page at the top.

They are the fuses #17 and PTC 1 in the integrated power module, located at the left front fender.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 4 months ago.

Was it a blown fuse?