Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

2013 dodge ram 1500 electronic door locks passenger side not

Customer Question

2013 dodge ram 1500 electronic door locks passenger side not functioning
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: electronic door locks on the passenger side will not lock. If the locks are manually locked the electronic unlock works. this seems to be a common problem with this model Ram 1500 2013 (longhorn edition)
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: disconnecting the battery then reconnecting it to reset the trucks computer
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: not at this time
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 4 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Has it been scanned for codes yet?

Can you post the last 8 digits of the VIN so that I can do some research on this concern for you?