tims auto repair
tims auto repair, mechanic
Experience:  owned repair shop for 25yrs
14541291

I have a question about my air conditioner. When I have it

Customer Question

I have a question about my air conditioner. When I have it on max AC the air switches from regular vent then goes to foot vent then goes to defrost vent what causes that?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  centralappliance1 replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

DO you still need help?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

When you say it goes to foot vent then defrost what unit is this a portable? Can you get me the make and model?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
98 Dodge Ram can 1500 it doesn't come threw the vents for a long period of time when on max air if it's on a different setting it works but not as cold

OK this is a vehicle question let me get a tech there for you

Expert:  tims auto repair replied 6 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

from the way you explain the problem,,this sounds as if you may have a bad mode door actuator..

be sure to check the vacuum lines to it before you replace,,

but i would think the diaphram is busted in it.

Parts InformationOEM Part #Price

Air Door Actuator / Motor

Fresh Air

(###) ###-####A$59.50

Heater Door

(###) ###-####65.25

Heater

(###) ###-####B$70.70

Temp Door

(###) ###-####A$116.00

Labor InformationSkill LevelMfg. WarrantyStandard

Replace Fresh Air/Recirculating

B0.40.7

Replace Heat/Defroster

B1.82.7

Replace Panel/Defrost/Demist

B0.40.7

Replace Temp/Blend Door

B3.14.4

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9l79b12d7ottue9/0606-ram-REMOVAL.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/9l79b12d7ottue9/0606-ram-REMOVAL.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Perfect thank you

you are very welcome