Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

1995 Dodge Ram 3500 has new cold start and crank shaft

Customer Question

1995 Dodge Ram 3500 has new cold start and crank shaft sensors,distributor,plugs,wires,fuel pump,radiator are new and gas tank cleaned out.Runs great for days then hesitates at times and many times starts and immediately shuts down like years ago if the float got stuck.I don't have a float.Check engine light came on once and the crank shaft sensor was replaced again.Runs perfect for days then shuts down ??
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order for the engine to start and stay running you need good spark at the spark plugs, injector pulse as well as fuel pressure. When the engine stalls and dies can you check each one of these thing and see if you can determine which one your lacking. If you can do this and post back with the results, I will help you try and determine the cause. I would also like to know the actual fault code that you got when the check engine light came on. Post back when you can and we can work from there.