-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

Rear door on my 2005 caravan will not open by electric hatch

Customer Question

Rear door on my 2005 caravan will not open by electric hatch release or using the key. Electric release has been out for quite some time. Now it feels as if the linkage is no longer attached to the key lock so I need to mechanically open the door somehow.
JA: In addition to the key, do you also have a key fob? Do you have a key code?
Customer: I do have a fob. I don't know about a code?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible. I used to be a certified auto mechanic
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help.

I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on...

There is a software update for the PSDM Power Solding Door Module that you will need to have done to correct this issue.. if your bottom wiring track is good with no open wires then the update should correct your issues.. We(dealership) charge 1 hr which is around 100.00 to update the module for you..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It wasn't one of the sliding doors, it was the rear lift door. I was able to get it unlocked from inside. Thank you anyway.