Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

I have a 2013 dodge Durango and when we have the ac on it

Customer Question

I have a 2013 dodge Durango and when we have the ac on it blows hot air out of the vent in the center on the passenger side. all temp settings are on low.
JA: How is the air flow? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: The air flow seems to be fine.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: just trying to see what it might be.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: jno
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If all other vents are blowing hot air this issue here can usually be caused by a faulty door in the heater/ac box not switching properly and the ac/heater box may need removed and repaired or in some cases replaced or this can be an issue with a temp actuator on the heater box.

If you have not had the fault codes checked this needs done to see what codes are set with this issue here.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to help locate and repair this fault here.This needs done wit a compatible scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle.

The temp actuator signals may need checked/tested with a scan tool and its data list to help determine if an actuator is the cause or a fault with the heater/ac box.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete