Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

Lost daytime running lights sometime ago. Then they stay on

Customer Question

lost daytime running lights sometime ago. Then they stay on all the time and I have no low beam high beam control. Only way to to shut off is to pull the fuse out. Also my ABS light comes on as soon as start the truck. Suggestions?
JA: Is there a code associated with the error? Have you checked the ABS fluid?
Customer: No code that I can see. ABS Fluid? Do you mean brake fluid?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: depends how difficult
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: think that is all
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I have been in the auto repair business for many years and specialize in diagnosing vehicles with problems like this one you are describing. I am confident we can resolve your problem together provided you stick with me and run the necessary tests. Please understand that I don't know your skill level and that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to do my best to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first to make this as simple as possibly for both of us. I just ask that you provide me with the all of the correct information up front and with the most accurate tests results/information as possible as we move on so that I can point you in the right direction. I would also appreciate a positive rating from you in return for sharing my time and knowledge and expeirence with you in a timely mannner. Even if you rate my answer after the first few replies, we can still continue our conversation at no further cost to you. With that being said, lets get started.

Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for the VIN! Have you checked for power coming in and out of the headlight switch or dimmer switch?