Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

My dodge 2500 diesel is blowing a lot of smoke out of the

Customer Question

My dodge 2500 diesel is blowing a lot of smoke out of the tailpipe it smells like burnt oil what would cause this
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you checked your engine oil level to see if it is low at all?

Did this occur suddenly?

Is there a lack of power with the engine?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There is a lack of power. I did check the engine oil and it was low
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

It is possible the turbo has failed which can send oil into the exhaust causing the smoke as well as the lack of power.This can be a common fault.I would have the turbo tested to see if it has failed needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete