Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

I'm having difficulties getting out one of the spark plug by

Customer Question

I'm having difficulties getting out one of the spark plug by the firebwall.The spark plug socket can't go on the spark plug because there is no space between the block and spark plug itself.There was one plug like this on the front but It was visible and I was able to improvise and got it out.But this one,I can't see it.Is there a way?By the way,I took out the old spark with a 3/4 socket ,but the plugs the shop gave me,I had to use a smaller socket.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I install 4 new plugs but 2
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: Yeah
JA: What else should I tell the Dodge Mechanic?
Customer: About those two different size spark plug sockets
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok,I tried to replace one of the plugs up front awhile back,I took out the old one no problem, but I tried to install the new one and the spark plug stripped. So I put the old one back in and haven't mess with it since.So I've been driving around with 4 new plugs and two old .Oh yeah,the old spark plug went back in fine.
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 4 months ago.