xsvector, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  asetech

Can the factory u joints on my dodge 2006 3500 4 wheel

Customer Question

Can the factory u joints on my dodge 2006 3500 4 wheel dually truck
JA: How many miles are on the car? Other than this issue, how has the car been driving lately?
Customer: Can the u joints on my 2006 doge ram 3500*****dually be replaced and if so how do I remove them. I have the drive shaft out.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I see no snap rings, on each side of the yoke at the
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: I see no snap rings. On each side of the yokes there was nylon pins sticking out. I drll th out and tryed knocking the cups loose. Used a sledge hammer and bushing. Theyhave not moved.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  xsvector replied 4 months ago.

there are 2 designs injected rings or external rings.. if it has the injected rings if you heat the yoke you will ee the plastic ooze out then it will come apart normal

I usually press them apart with a ball joint press