Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Standard Problem with engine stopping due to no + to the

Customer Question

Standard Problem with engine stopping due to no B+ to the engine control module. Wiring gets hot and circuit opens between either Crankshaft Position Sensor or Cam shaft Position sensor. Cant get help from dealers without replacing engine harness 1K+, possinly the ECM Module, but will not know intill harness is replaced.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Do you happen to have the wiring diagram?
Customer: Are you kidding me? I' m a disabled Viet Vet and Need dependability.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, as the cost of repair is prohibitive!
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replacing the Camshaft sensor, replacing the crankshaft sensor several times,
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: jiggling and pulling on the wiring loom at the point of entrance of the sensor wires. This helps sometimes. Or.. I can wait 1 or more hours for a restart .\
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

I am sorry about the long wait, I believe I can help on this issue but with the long wait I need to first off know if your still wanting or help.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am in the process of dissecting the engine wire loom. I became frustrated with the constsnt problem and shook the heck out of it. now the problem hasn't reappeared.
conclusion..cracked, broken wire or problem with splice 107, 104, etc.
Thank you!mike fee

Glad you figured out what was wrong and how to repair it.