Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

How do I reset the esp and abs lights on a 2009 dodge

Customer Question

how do I reset the esp and abs lights on a 2009 dodge charger
JA: Is there a code associated with the error? Have you checked the ABS fluid?
Customer: no code just the abs and esp lights are on
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the car was involved fender bender collision the warning lts have been on since
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have checked the wires going to the wheel sensors on the side that was hit theey are intact and not damaged
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes read out of the abs computer to see if any codes are set.If any codes are set these codes will need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.If there are no codes set try starting the engine and turning the steering from one side to the other until the steering stops then turning the opposite direction until the steering stops and repeat all in one motion without stopping to see if this will recalibrate the steering position sensor.

If this does not work then there should be at least one fault code set in one of the computers that will need diagnosed and repaired to correct this issue here.In some cases places like Auto Zone can read out these codes at no charge to you.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete