Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

2012 ram hemi running on both bank : Just took it to a

Customer Question

2012 ram hemi running rich on both bank
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Just took it to a dealer. They checked fuel pressure and 02 sensors and found they were fine cleared codes drove it less than 50 miles and engine light came back on
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you had the fuel pressure tested recently?
Customer: 71000 and yes just yesterday
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Dealer does'nt seem to have any idea
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: That's all I know
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  xsvector replied 6 months ago.

You first need to check your fuel pressure, to make sure it is not too high.. You will watch the fuel pressure gauge, to make sure the fuel pressure does not drop quickly, indicating the injectors are leaking. You need to make sure you hAve good spark plugs and air filter.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
air filter and plugs were just changed, dealer checked fuel pressure and 02 sensors and found to be ok. also puts out a cloud of blue smoke when started cold.
Expert:  xsvector replied 6 months ago.

did the smoke smell like fuel or oil?