-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

2001 Dodge Durango stalled while driving today, I put it up

Customer Question

2001 Dodge Durango stalled while driving today, I put it up in neutral and pushed the gas, no rev like it was getting gas, pulled to the side of road and tried to re-start, it will crank and turned over once but then immediately died again put a fuel filter on it and it still won't start
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on...

What engine do you have in your Durango? Is the check engine light on and if so what codes does it have? Have you checked for spark?

Talk soon,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No spark. Odometer reads "no bus". I'm not sure of the engine. I think v6
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

No bus means there is an issue with all the modules talking with each other.. Also the 6 cylinder wasn't an option for the Durango, so you either have a 5.2 or a 4.7.. Do you know what codes in has?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No codes
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

Are you using a code reader or scantool? Also what engine do you have so I can grab a wiring diagram?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Scan tool came back no codes. 4.7. Has a automatic start I had out in it. Could it be caused from automatic start
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

Ok if you have a scantool and can communicate with the PCM, then using your scantool which module is dead on the BUS? Which module will the scantool not talk to?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have a friend going to look at it Sunday. Thank you
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,