-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

Is there a map sensor on the 5.7 2500 ram truck?? : No what

Customer Question

Is there a map sensor on the 5.7 2500 ram truck??
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: No what happened is the etc light was flashing and the truck would barley run I replaced the throttle body and it didn't help
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Truck was running fine parked it came from it the next morning would barley run and the electronic throttle control light was flashing
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yep
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced the throttle body
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on...

Yes the 5.7 has a MAP sensor, but I see that you replaced the throttlebody and I'm not sure if you know but it needs to be programmed before it will work properly with a scantool.. Did you relearn the ETC with a scantool? If not you likely have quite a few codes which would indicate it hasn't been learned yet..

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No I didn't , should the etc light still be flashing??
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

It will flash until it's programmed with a scantool... Once you do this then you should be in good shape..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,