-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

When the passenger side airbag on a 2003 dodge ram 4x4 is

Customer Question

tom...when the passenger side airbag on a 2003 dodge ram 4x4 is replaced, and the mechanic goes in through the glovebox, are the air conditioning ducts or a/c doors disturbed in any way. I recently had the airbag replace by the dealership on a recall. My airflow out of my ducts was fine, and now the airflow has been compromised and the air sounds to be blowing in my dash.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on...

When we do the passenger side airbag recall we have to remove the glovebox housing, but none of the a/c is disturbed.. If your fan is on high then it's likely a broken recirc door. To check this you will need to remove the glovebox by opening it and pressing in the two tabs to remove it then look to the right above the fan motor and that is your recirc door, look thru the gate and see if the door has broke and fell on top of the fan. You can grab the plastic gate bars and break then to get the door out which will get your airflow back but if you want recirc to work you will need to pull the dash and replace the recirc door..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,