Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes,
Experience:  Lead Technician/ Manager at Precision Tune Auto Care
93804480

06 dodge Dakota slt 4.7. 4x4 check engine light came on

Customer Question

06 dodge Dakota slt 4.7. 4x4 check engine light came on approx two weeks ago. Then it would go into limp mode. The firsts codes p0882, p0988, p0700. I can clear the codes out and it drives normal. I drive it to work approx*****it back home no check engine light all week. Stop to get gas one morning the check engine light came on. P0876, p0882, po846, po871, po988, po871, po876. This morning drop my son off at practice cut the truck off and after practice went to store. When I got back in the truck and started it check engine with the first set of codes
JA: Diagnosing the correct check engine code is the key to getting a quick fix. How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 132415
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I'm a disable army tank mechanic
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I change the pressure sensor last week
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: It runs fine and no check engine unless I have to stop and cut the truck off
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will assist you
The first thing to try is to locate the transmission control relay in the underhood relay box and swap it with the ac relay (they are pictured in the fuse box diagram I have attached). This would be a way to rule out anow intermittent fault in the relay. If you are able to duplicate the conditions under which the problems occur, you can verify if the relay swap took care of the problem. The transmission control relay does not provide power to the control module but it controls the sensing circuit for the sensors on the transmission and it supplies power to most of the solenoids in the transmission. Failure of this relay would result in a limp home mode condition.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Did what you said swap the relays. After two hours of driving. Pull in a store cut it off and after cranking check engine light came on. Po882 po700
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Swap relays drove for couple hours stop at store and got po 882 po 700