-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I have a 2006 Dodge 3500 diesel Cummings I just replaced the

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Dodge 3500 diesel Cummings I just replaced the AC compressor and the canister I can hear the compressor click on well putting refrigerant but I barely put any refrigerant And the gauge goes to red and I only put a couple ounces in it what could be the problem and still no cold air coming out
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 6 months ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on...

What are the pressures of the low and high sides? Is the fan kicking on and pulling good air across the condenser? Can you feel the condenser getting hot? How long does the compressor stay on for?

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Pressure is 11+ on high and low fan is blowing good air condenser is not getting hot
Expert:  -Brad- replied 6 months ago.

If the low and high sides only have 11 psi then you are low on freon, I suggest recovering the freon and charging it with a/c dye to locate your leak so you can repair it...

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yeah when I hook up regular AC gauges to it it shows 11 on low and high but if I take the gauges off and hook up a auto zone refrigerant can with AutoZone refrigerant gauge the gauge it's at 50 and I bought another one to verify it wasn't the reusable 10 dollar gauge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 6 months ago.

Recover the freon you have and charge it with 1lb 10 oz of freon and dye and it will start cooling.. Then after a few minutes I would check it with a UV light to locate the leak..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad