Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified

How can I shut off the beeping sound when in reserve on my

Customer Question

How can I shut off the beeping sound when in reserve on my 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan SE?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 4 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Are you referring to the Backup Alarm?

Is this a cargo or passenger van?

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Passenger van, as soon as the van is put into reverse it beeps . Trying to silence the beeping as it's very loud
Expert:  Robert R replied 4 months ago.

This is not a factory option that I know of. Did you purchase this van new?

Probably the easiest way to silence the beeper is to disconnect it.

The easiest way to disconnect it is to have a helper help you find the actual beeper unit.

You got it , of course someone will need to get in the vehicle, apply the emergency brake fully, press the brake, turn the ignition on and put it in reverse. Get back there and find the source of the beeping sound. It should be some sort of a small unit near the rear bumper. Find the wires and follow it to the nearest connector and disconnect it. IF you find no connector nearby, get your wire cutters and snip at least one of the wires to stop the beeping....

If you are sure this is a factory backup alarm, post the last 8 digits of the VIN and I'll research this for you and find the location of the module for you....

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We bought it used, it was originally a leased one owner vehicle. We will try that and if it doesn't seem it then I'll get you the vin number and go from there
Expert:  Robert R replied 4 months ago.

Sounds good, I'll be here...

Thank you,

Please keep in mind, If I haven't clearly answered your question and you need additional info, please don't hesitate to ask "before" you Rate my Answer.

Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you!

A "Poor" or "Bad Service" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...

This site operates on the honor system, meaning I only get paid with a "3 Star" rating or better. Once you are satisfied with my service, please "Rate". Remember, you have already paid to use the site, all the rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time. Expert Payment comes out of the fee you paid to use the service. Thanks in advance for a "5 Star" Rating.