-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

My 2009 Journey 2.4 Auto trans is stalling sometime then I

Customer Question

My 2009 Journey 2.4 Auto trans is stalling sometime then I slowdown or come to a complete stop please help I don't have a bunch of $$ to fix but I have a handy friend to help work on it
JA: How many miles on the car? Is it the original transmission?
Customer: 153,000 and yes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: change spark pugs and replace air filter
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: only the it seems to do more when it is hot and low on gas
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Is the check engine light on and if so what codes are setting? What is your VIN number?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no check engine light I wish at least I could get a code and have something to go off of
vin 3D4GG47B89T591772
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for the VIN!!

I looked up your VIN for any bulletins or recalls and I found this:

Case NumberK02649264

Vehicle IssueIntermittent engine die out or stall condition.;Customer may experience an engine stall or die out condition. Problem may occur while driving, while coming to a stop or while stopped at an idle. Symptoms may vary and include a hesitation, rpm undershoot or surge intermittently. There are generally no fault codes stored in conjunction with this issue.

System or ComponentDie out / Stall;Yes - Intermittent

RecommendationMake sure condition can be duplicated. If so, check powertrain control module software level and check for available updates. If updates are found, flash program the PCM and retest for presence of condition.

Modification Date

02/06/09 12:56 PM

I would have your nearest Dodge dealership update the software in the PCM to the lastest software which should correct your stalling issues... We(Dealership) charge 1 hour labor which is around 100.00 to update modules..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thanks I will look into that
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

You are very welcome!!!

And thank you for the rating so I'm compensated for my time..

Have a great evening,

Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,