Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I need to replace rear wheel bearing on a 2001 dodge ram

Customer Question

I need to replace rear wheel bearing on a 2001 dodge ram 3500 van
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Need to know what the wheel hub nut size is as well
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yup
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Removed axle shafts so far now just need to get bearing out
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: Ya there was no c clip or pinion shaft lock screw
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

The nut is actually taken off with a special tool that is a 2-9/16" socket.

.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,