Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

Trunk latch is jammed with a car cover material and now the

Customer Question

trunk latch is jammed with a car cover material and now the key will not open the trunk
JA: Has the battery died recently?
Customer: is there a work around?
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I cannot get into the trunk with the key. The latch is jammed with a piece of cloth from a car cover.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I am tryint to
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: trying
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on...

What kind of Dodge do you have? Can you let down the back seat to access the trunk?