-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

2004 dodge 3500 no power at fuel pump in tank : Cummins 5.9

Customer Question

2004 dodge 3500 no power at fuel pump in tank
JA: So many things can cause fuel pump issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Cummins 5.9 with commin rail
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked all fuses and relays had water in fuel dropped the tank flushed system fresh fuel and new sending unit/ pump assembly
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: No fuel on engine side of filter housing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Throwing a code P2509 Ecm/Pcm power input signal intermittent and PO148 fuel delivery malfunction PO628 fuel pump A control ckt low
Expert:  -Brad- replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on...

I see that your questions states that you don't have any power at the fuel tank. The reason is the lift pump is not in the tank unless you have converted it to the in-tank pump.. Has this been done? What is your VIN number?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No lift pump on block vin# ***** *****
Expert:  -Brad- replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for the VIN!!

What are you referring to when you say no lift pump on block? That there isn't a lift pump on the block? If so then yes that is normal because your liftpump is mounted to the fuel filter housing.. Can you disconnect it and see if it has 12v and ground? If yes then you will need a new lift pump or I would suggest to convert it to the in-tank pump setup which is more reliable..

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It has been converted
Expert:  -Brad- replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for the reply!!

Ok did you convert it or did you have a dealership so it for you? And you have tested for 12v and ground to the lift pump in the tank? Can you jump the relay and make the pump run?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Dealership done the conversion no power at lift pump in tank
Expert:  -Brad- replied 6 months ago.

Ok if you locate the extra relay that was added which should be by the brake reservoir and see if the pins 30 and 86 have 12v when your cranking..

Expert:  -Brad- replied 6 months ago.

What did you find?

Expert:  -Brad- replied 6 months ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,

Brad