Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

My 2000 dodge truck has no 12v to trailer. Can't find the

Customer Question

My 2000 dodge truck has no 12v to trailer. Can't find the fuse for it.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have a hydrastar brake actuator that seems to work intermittently. I myself have never seen iot working and the last guy really made the wiring look like the dog's breakfast. I have a breakaway that works fine but the aux hot wire from the truck doesn't have 12v. I get 12v from the controller but no aux 12v.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yess
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: It's a diesel and it used to work fine so it's not the type of controller.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Kevin Bourcier replied 4 months ago.

hi . How are you ? what have you got ? model , engine size , gas , diesel 4 X $ 1500 , 1500 ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's a 2500 with diesel engine.

okay thanks

check under the hood , fuse #8 40 amp .

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm not near the vehicle right now so that wouldn't be very practical. I was fishing for ideas more than anything.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
If fuse #8 doesn't yield the answer, I'll do the call thing. I'm pretty frustrated at this point.

Okay . that is the fuse for the trailer power supply

by all means . take a look at the diagram also for the other connection points , okay ?