Fix_It_Man
Fix_It_Man, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Technician with over 20 years experience.
1627031

2014 ram1500 Laramie. Service light came on solid. Took it

Customer Question

2014 ram1500 Laramie. Service light came on solid. Took it in and had code for misfire. Dealer flashed engine and teansmission
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Drove 20 miles and got more device alerts after dealer flash. First was speedometer, then park assist, then fuel economy
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I think the dealer messed uo
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: 52000 miles, was regularly serviced. I have only put in 2000 mikes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Fuel economy warning comes on when started or coming to stop and stopped
Expert:  Fix_It_Man replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** is possible that something in the programming is corrupt, but most of the time this is because the battery is failing or has loose connections. If the battery is not put on a charger when it is being programmed this will happen. I would take it back to the dealer as it appears that they either did not keep the battery charged or they had an issue programming the truck. Please let me know if you need more help.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Would that make random service alerts? Only one I get now is fuel economy
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I also don't see correlation of programming and the battery. It's not going to drain down. Procedure only takes about 30 minutes.
It takes some voltage to program the truck, but if the battery drops below 11 volts it can affect the programming. If it seems to be getting better then it may be correcting itself.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you still there Bobby? You don't answer my question in regards ***** ***** answer.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It got worse but now it's only the one fuel economy service that comes up and I cannot find anywhere what these service alerts mean.

I am still here. I had some connection issues. These messages are random service warnings. I would simply check the connections at the battery to make sure they are tight. If they are then the programming they installed is corrupt.