Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

2002 Caravan ... no crank ,no start... (1) starter relay not

Customer Question

2002 Caravan ... no crank ,no start... (1) starter relay not getting ground. I can ground the relay then -key- crank it... but no spark,injector pulse,fuel pump, no codes, some times there is a key on light fast click ( like a dry clicking injectors) with key off the clicking remains until I disconnect batt. 5 volts at tps
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I signed in a hour ago ... because it said a tech is waiting ... that was not true can,t wait I ,am going to try to find a real tech support ...
Expert:  -Brad- replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on...

I attached the starter wiring diagram to help... If pin 85 does not have ground from the PCM then it's either a range sensor bad in the transmission or a security system issue which is preventing the PCM from sending the ground to the relay.. Will it start in neutral? What does the scantool show for "Ok to start"?

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Brad took me 1 hour to find out how to reply... will the range sensor take out the spark,pulse,fuel pump, and what is the key off clicking?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for the reply!!

No the range sensor will not cause any clicking... Is it a relay clicking and if so which one is clicking?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the question was " will the range selector take out spark, pulse , fuel pump ? yes / no ... next the clicking is not a relay ,its exactly under the plenum but not happening now ... also will need a pcm pin connector diagram with pin chart /and a diagram and pin chart for the range selector.... is that $26 additional to the $28 $54
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I got 5 hours in to this now.. that,s $ 250.00 of my time....could have called motologic for $119.00 unlimited 30 days with a tech line, the last thing I need is a part time tech line... so far your wasting my time.
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome! Different expert here. Did you still need help? If so, please let me know.