-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

I got my 2014 Ram back from the dealer (worked on the air

Customer Question

I got my 2014 Ram back from the dealer (worked on the air bag compressor) on the 19th, parked it and never drove it (on vacation until yesterday), and now the truck battery is dead. The fob won't unlock the doors so that I can open the hood to try to charge the battery. What do I do?
JA: Battery issues can be tough to diagnose - lots of things to consider. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I live 30 miles in the country, so I have to get it started just to get it back to the dealer.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: The compressor we have been having problems with is an after-market (installed before I bought it, not knowing you could even DO THAT). The truck has less than 12,000 miles on it, is rarely driven, stored in a garage, and the battery should be good.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Is your question how to enter the vehicle with a dead battery? Have you took the key out of the remote to manually unlock the drivers door?

Talk soon,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Duh. I never knew there was a key there! I got it open. Now I am going to charge the battery and trade it in on a GMC. This truck is a lemon. Thanks for your help. It was worth the $5.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.
Your welcome. Thank you for the positive rating.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,