-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

Key broke off in ignition lock cylinder as it wouldn't turn.

Customer Question

key broke off in ignition lock cylinder as it wouldn't turn. need to remove and replace lock cylinder 2003 dodge caravan
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: haven't been able to start the van for 5 days - key won't turn and now its broken off in the cylinder
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I have another lock cylinder and I want to replace it myself
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help.

What position is the key stuck in? Is the ignition in the ON or Off position? In order to get the key cylinder out you will need the key in the On position. If you can't get it to turn then you will need to drill and bust out the key cylinder.. Is this something you are capable of performing?

Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,