George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master 15+ years
13574682

2001 Dodge Ram 2500 v10 federal not California . I already

Customer Question

2001 Dodge Ram 2500 v10 federal not California . I already have the diagram for the pcm pin out . I only have Two Oxygen sensors both are up stream and oneither side just below the exhaust manifold. Both are four wire oxygen sensors I'm am looking for the signal wire color and reference wire color for both oxygen sensors .
Category: Dodge
Expert:  George H. replied 6 months ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

For the rear sensor it is the orange/black for signal and black/light blue for sensor ground.

For the front sensor it is the tan/white for signal and the black/light blue for signal ground

Let me know how I can help

Thank you

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There are no rear sensors . Only two sensors upstream just below both exhaust manifolds . I need the wire colors for both o2 sensors coming from the pcm pin out . I need the signal wire for both sensors and reference wire for both sensors . I already have a diagram but I don't know which one is which . Here is the diagram http://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/tsmodie/2f3f4373-45da-4846-827c-5568770649f0_c1.pdf

For the sensors to monitor the cat you have to have front and back, only the california has two upstream sensors so we have to see what you have. Can we start with the VIN?

Pin 24 and 26 are the signal wires for the upstream non california, do have those colored wires in those positions on your connector?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
1B7KF23W41J237248

Can you check your connector to see if the 24 and 26 positions have the tan/white and light green/red wires in place?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
24 is black /green tracer
#26 is light green /red tracer

Ok, this is the correct diagram then

Click here

Those are the signal for the two upstream sensors, ground is in #4 on the black/light blue

Let me know if you have further questions

Thank you

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
both o2 sensors use the same ground wire . Is the ground considered the reference wire . Got a stupid question both 02 sensors are 4 wire are they still four wire after they plug into the harness.

Yes, that is correct, they are spliced together at 118 and it is the reference wire..

Yes having the grounds tied to a single point still leaves 4 wires for the sensors.

Let me know how I can help

Thank you

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok so #24 and #26 are the signal and #4 is the ground for both . Is # ***** just considerd a ground or is it also considerd a reference sensor ground or return wire
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
These are the directions I have for my fuel enricher
Four wire o2 sensors have a separate reference wire . It may be called a reference, sensor ground or return wire .
Would that be #4 on the pcm pin out