Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

No power to coil on cylinder #5 98 intrepid 3.2 : Cylinder 5

Customer Question

No power to coil on cylinder #5 98 intrepid 3.2
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Cylinder 5 misfire,getting no power to just that coil
JA: Discovering the cause of an engine misfire can be tough, but luckily with the right help -- solvable. The mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changed plugs and cool pack no spark
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: No was fine till this morning
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hooked two different coils that are good to same plug for coil still no spark and tried same could on other cylinders and get spark,no spark from 5 cylinder at all checked wires going to coil all good!!!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** the dark green/light green wire have power going to it? Thanks.