Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

Have a 2013 Ram 5.7 Hemi. I think its when the truck gets

Customer Question

Have a 2013 Ram 5.7 Hemi. I think its when the truck gets really warmed up when the problem occurs. First the engine light comes on, then maybe the electronic brake icon comes on. Then for sure the electronic throttle icon comes on. Now usually I don't see anything going on with the brakes. The remote start will not work. And the throttle is very erratic. I can pull over and turn off engine and wait for about five minutes and the ETC may go off and I may not have it come back on but the other two may not go away. Had two dealerships look at it. David
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I can hardly open the glove box correctly. Making it on my looks
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: Nope. Love my truck and all works great all of the time except those issues.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me what was replaced or repaired by the dealer when they looked at this issue here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
first dealer did not do anything as warning lights were not on when they looked at it. Second dealerchecked wiring to accelerator then applied die electric grease to connector.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Can you post what fault codes set with this issue here if you know the fault code numbers?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Neither dealer said they found fault codes. They said could not find what was wrong.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Is the check engine light on now at all?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
not now. Brake light was on but now its off.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Is there any way you can get the dealer or any other repair facility to check the fault codes when the check engine light comes on or an other light.I have seen issues on some models with the instrument cluster itself causing issues with the lights coming on and no codes set.This is a possible cause for this issue here with it needing repaired or replaced in most cases.

If you can get any code numbers when the lights are on this would be a different component at fault most likely but if no codes are setting this can be a fault with the instrument cluster itself.The instrument cluster on this model is a computer internally which can cause issues with engine running in some cases.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
WiIl try and get a light to come on then go to mechanic to see if code will show up.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

O.k.,let me know what you come up with here when your ready.

Thanks Pete