Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Rear driver side window goes down but not up. Driver door

Customer Question

rear driver side window goes down but not up. Driver door controller does not work for up or down, rear door switch works down but not up. I need to get window up.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: rear driver side power window goes down with door switch but won't go up. driver door control does not work for rear driver side wind either up or down.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, at least get the window up.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked fuses, seem OK. then got on computer looking to find how to remove interior panel to manually raise window by turning motor shaft.
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: 140,000 miles, V-8 5.6 liter
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  bill replied 11 months ago.

i need the vin to pull the correct wiring for your vehicle, you likely have a broken wire in one of the doors