My 2008 Dodge Caravan ABS light stays on. Doesn't effect

Customer Question

Hi my 2008 Dodge Caravan ABS light stays on. Doesn't effect driving but can't use cruise control. It sometimes goes off but this trip hasn't.
JA: So many factors can cause ABS issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: That's all it does.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Would like too.
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: Tire pressure sensor stays on all the time. We had it hooked up to a computer that says nothing mechanically wrong with it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** the abs light is on, then the computer is seeing a fault with one of the sensors, and will store a fault code in the computer, also when there is a fault, the cruise control wont work, usually this is caused by a bad wheel speed sensor, have you had codes pulled from the abs computer yet?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No have not done that.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not sure how.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 months ago.

A snaaer is required to pull the codes from the abs computer, the code will determine if its a wheel sensor and which one it is, most parts houses like Autozone or oriellys will scan the computer for free,Tim