Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

I have a 2003 Dodge with 5.9 cummins. Abruptly the engine

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 2003 Dodge with 5.9 cummins. Abruptly the engine lost power and engine light appeared. I checked codes and got these: P2607, P2509, P0193, P0524, P0541, P0234. I am baffled to where exactly to start seeing that some codes relate to others.
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: Had injectors replaced with tube a year ago, fuel filters replaced a month ago, has fuel pump in tank.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 5 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Do you have access to a Multimeter so I can have you run a quick electrical test? P2509 is where we need to start. Once we get results from diagnosing this code, we can determine what needs to be done about the rest of the codes...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,