Dan, Technician
Experience:  2 Year Auto Diploma and Database Access
17871496

Engine light came on and lost all power to accelerator just

Customer Question

Engine light came on and lost all power to accelerator just idles
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: About a month back had same problem took it to mechanic and they replaced accelerator control sensor worked fine till today
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: At a truck stop hoping that it's a ground wire are something can't go anywhere
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: Everything works fine but accelerator
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** year, model, and engine size of vehicle? Thanks.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
2004 dodge 3500 diesel 24 valve Cummins
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Do you know what diagnostic code you are getting? Thanks.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
P 2121 p2122 p0483 p2509
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Were you getting any of these codes before this happened? Thanks.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Happened bout month back and Machanic said it was accelerator control sensor replaced it and worked fine till now which tells me might not have been total problem
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

The APP sensor is common to cause this problem, it sounds like the new part may have failed. There is no ground that would cause this issue and if it was wiring I think problem would be more intermittent. I'd recommend inspecting wire around sensor and unplugging/replugging a few times in case there is a bad connection otherwise I'd replace the sensor again. Without replacing sensor next step would be to test the wiring. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.