Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

Please i have 2008 dodge nitro, i have the code 0088 and

Customer Question

Please i have 2008 dodge nitro, i have the code 0088 and then engine is sending a alot of white smoke and the rpm is not going over 2500rpm
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I changed the flow meter and changed injectors, when i put the scanner the fuel rail pressure is going more than the limit
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Its start hardly but it start it give a good sound and work normaly, but when i push the accelerator it go normal untill 2500rpm the the voice change and give a lot of whit smoke and stay at 2500 rpm, yes i want to fix myself
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: No nothing else is hapening,
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Kevin Bourcier replied 4 months ago.

hello . What size engine do you have ?

is it a 2WD or AWD ?

the trouble code menu does not list any " 0088 " DTC's for that vehicle . . driveabilty codes are usually Begun with a " P " ex. " P088 "