-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

Chris, I have a 2005 Dodge durango and I don't hear my fan

Customer Question

Hi Chris, I have a 2005 Dodge durango and I don't hear my fan clucth anymore while sitting still at a stoplight when its hot and my gauge goes a little above the mid point. I took it to a dodge place and a young guy work ed on it and I told him that I thought it was my fan clucth since I don't hear the wooshing of air like I use to when I've been driving. It also runs hot while I'm going down the raod, it takes awhile but it does, but never get to the H point. He also said he check my block and found there was no problem with that. I ask him how did he check it and he said he spray some type of spray around the head gasket to see if it would spit the fuild out or in I thingk but however what do you think the problem could be
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.
Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help. If it's running hot going down the road then your either low on coolant or you have a flow restriction because there is enough air coming across the radiator to not need a fan when driving. Now if it only ran hot when stopped then I would suspect a bad fan.. It sounds like the technician block tested your engine so it's not a head gasket issue but rather a flow issue so I would feel the radiator when it's running hot and see if you feel and cool spots which would indicate a restriction in the radiator flues. I would highly suspect a clogged radiator or stuck thermostat is causing your issues... If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad