Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech

2006 dodge grand Caravan air conditioning is working

Customer Question

Hi 2006 dodge grand Caravan air conditioning is working intermittently. Mechanic recharged Freon last week
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Air conditioning was cold this morning warm this afternoon
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No
JA: OK! The Dodge Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: Don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** the mechanic check for any Freon leaks after it was recharged? Chris
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
He refilled it 2 weeks ago started having problems he refilled over the weekend. It was cold this morning warm this afternoon
Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.
Then there must be a slow leak somewhere. Ask him/her to put some ultraviolet dye into the system and then run it for a day. Then a black light can be used to search for any leaks. I see leaks around the bottom of the condenser (in front of the radiator) and sometimes in the evaporator in the dash. All hoses and lines need to be checked also. Using the dye and black light should help locate the leak. Chris
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm bringing it in tomorrow we'll see
Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.
Ok, that is a good plan