Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

How do i remove front drive line on 04 durango 4awd? JA:

Customer Question

How do i remove front drive line on 04 durango 4awd?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I replace both of my front drive shaft.. Still making click noise & getting worse
JA: Many things can cause a car to make those weird sounds. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Will Wher is he?
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: I have told u what u need to know & the mechanic Sorry but the driveline is getting me very mad & I'm about to cut it out
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site. .What part of the front drive line are you removing?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The whole front drive line.. I want to take it out to inspect transfer case & front diff.. Is making clicking & does it all the time when I start going
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.
I see, thanks. Does it do it with the front driveshaft out?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I need the drive line out to check the other parts... So how do I get it out.. I unbolted from the front diff.. No room for me to pull it out
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.
Oh, I see. Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating. *** A BAD RATING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY DEPOSIT YOU MADE ***** .Remove skid plate if equipped.Remove exhaust crossover bolts from exhaust manifolds and lower crossover.Remove boot clamp (3) from CV joint (1).Remove pinion flange bolts.Slide propeller shaft off the transfer case and remove shaft.Please see attached diagram with number references..Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.
If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large. You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. I do not have access to your email address,