Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

I was driving in my 2006 dodge charger going up the bridge

Customer Question

I was driving in my 2006 dodge charger going up the bridge and it just cut off. I couldn't get any gas even with pedal to the floor. now it cranks but it will not start. I changed the fuel pump last night but that was not the problem, what might be the problem?
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: no , the battery is good.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no I have a mechanic , right now I am just trying to trouble shoot.
JA: OK! The Dodge Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: no that is it. but I am hearing that if the ignition switch does not recognize the key it sends out a signal to the anti theft system to shut the car down by shutting down the fuel pump.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 6 months ago.
HI MY NAME IS***** TRY TO ASSIST YOU
CAN YOU TELL ME IF THE SECURITY INDICATOR IS FLASHING OR ON CONSTANTLY IF U HAVE KEY IN IGNTION TO THE ON POSTION ?
Do u have a scanner that u can retrieve Fault codes ?and if u did retrieve any codes what are they?
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. The security system will not shut the engine down once it is running, so something else happened.. Which engine do you have in your Charger? Chris