Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

Somehow my 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 pickup switched to 4wd lo and

Customer Question

Somehow my 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 pickup switched to 4wd lo and I cannot get it to shift back to 4wheel hi or to 2wd. I did not intentionally switch it to 4wdlo but somehout it got there.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Other than this issue, how has the car been driving lately?
Customer: 150,000 miles. No other issues other than a bit of rust. It has been working good. A few weeks ago I trip a 200 mile trip and back and no problems. Mostly use it for hauling stuff into town and back (10 miles).
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I can do easy checks and change switches etc but am not a mechanic.
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: I am looking for what caused it and maybe a range of expected repair costs. It has been a good truck for me. However, a transmission replacement might force me to get a used replacement truck.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do not want the membership extended. I want the answer to my questions as indicated above. For this I will pay $28 but am not authorizing you to take any more than that amount from the credit card. Thank you.
Expert:  Chris replied 4 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today. Are any of the*****lights/indicators flashing on and off? Chris