-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

I have a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan. Battery was ran down so I

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan. Battery was ran down so I jumped it. It starts fine and has no check engine light on but has four lights on, EAS, BAS, car sliding icon and the red lightening bolt icon. A code reader says no problem. It will not rev engine with gas pedal just idles. It shifts gear but again will not rev engine with gas peddle. What is wrong?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.
Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help. Have you tried disconnecting the battery for 5 min once it's charged? What kind of scantool do you have? The modules may have low voltage codes and they will need to be erased using a scantool.. A cheap code reader will not communicate with the ABS module to erase the codes.. Let me know what happens,Brad
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have disconnected the battery twice, once for a little over 10 minutes and once for over an hour. I am using a Quicklink code reader that bluetooths to a phone. No check engine light is on though.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.
At this point you will need a scantool to read and erase the codes in the ABS module.. It's most likely got low voltage codes and it will cause you to loose throttle until they are erased... Once you erase the codes you should be in good shape..
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The Quicklink can erase data and I did do that. You saying I need to have it towed some where and pay someone else to look at it?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.
You have a cheap code reader which will only retrieve ODBII information, you need a scantool to communicate with the ABS module to see what codes it has...
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok I am going to buy a code reader what type should I get?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.
Again a code reader will not communicate with the ABS module, you need a scantool... I wouldn't suggest buying a scantool unless your a shop because they run 4,500.00..
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
basically I wasted your time and my and my money because I have to take it to a shop to have it worked on? My fault should have just taken to a dealer/shop not yours.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.
In order to repair your vehicle you will need a scantool to retrieve the codes in the ABS module.. if you can get the codes and post them here I wil be glad to tell you how to repair it.. Without the codes it's anyone's guess as to what is wrong..